A couple of months ago, my sister in law introduced me to this wonderful Paula Deen recipe. This recipe is so quick and easy. You basically throw all of the ingredients into the kitchen aide, mix, and toss it into the oven. Go ahead and give it a try. I promise you’ll love it!
Aunt Glynn’s Chewy Cake Recipe
- 1 (1-pound) package light brown sugar
- 2 cups self-rising flour (the recipe will work without self-rising flour, but I recommend self-rising if you have it)
- 1 stick butter, softened, plus more for greasing
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups pecans, chopped (Dallan hates nuts, so I usually leave these out)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (sometimes I mix in 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, and butter. Add eggs and vanilla and stir well. Fold in coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips until well combined. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted through the middle comes out clean. Cool the cake completely in the pan before cutting it into squares.
Serve the chewy cakes warm with a scoop of vanilla or chocolate icecream on top.