Fancy House Road » Welcome to my life as a mother of 2 on Fancy House Road

Masthead header

Organizing la Bathroom’s “Down Under”

As I stated two weeks ago, this month we are taking a trip “down under”.  Since The Bella Girls are taking an in depth look at la Bathroom, I thought I would start my “down under” organization here.

Do you remember this horrendous “down under” which was in dire need of being “Bella-fied”?

Well, things are looking up!

For the low price of $10.00, I was able to purchase three dark brown baskets at the Hob Lob (aka Hobby Lobby).  In basket #1, I placed all of our travel cases and items that don’t get much use.  Since these items rarely get used, I knew this basket would be placed towards the back of my “down under” (this way I have easier access to items that get used on a daily basis).

Travel Items

Next, I pulled together all of the hygiene products that D and I use regularly. Then, I tried to organize them in a logical manner. (See Exhibit A & B)

Q-Tips

Exhibit A

QTips meet container

Exhibit B

For Basket #3, I gathered all of  my “bath time” products.

Bath Time Products

Basket #3

The end results turned out all little something like this….drum roll please…..

End Result

Here are the before and after pics of D’s “Down Under” (I used an old basket I already had).

D

Before

D

After

I know it’s nothing GLAM, but it’s practical. The best part is this TOTAL MAKEOVER = $10.00

~Camberley

• September 28, 2009 - 8:12 pm

Camille - It looks great! I laughed when I saw your “scary” down under pictures—they looked great compared to mine! You’ve inspired me.

• September 28, 2009 - 8:26 pm

camberley - LOL – some of my friends said the same thing. However, I am comparing my “down unders” to my mom’s. Just like everything else in her house, her sinks are AMAZING.

• September 28, 2009 - 10:36 pm

Brooke Poulsen Breck - I loved that! Who knew that under our sinks could be Bella-fied too. So cool. I will have to get some stuff and get a cracking! I absolutely adore you site. Thanks.

• September 29, 2009 - 8:42 am

camberley - Thanks for your kind comment Brooke!

I’m going to make thrift store and Hobby Lobby runs this weekend and look for more baskets. I’ll be tackling my hall bathroom and laundry room “down unders” next. After Keighley’s Landry Room Posts, I feel like I need to step it up a notch in the “Bella-fied” department. Maybe I’ll add ribbon or fun cabinet liners…

Thanks again,
    Camberley

• September 29, 2009 - 9:46 am

Alexa - WOW!! I am impressed! I need both you and Ky to come tackle my entire house with your thrifty money saving ideas! LOVE IT

• September 29, 2009 - 12:03 pm

camberley - Thanks Lex!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *