Spring Cleaning has officially started at my house. I’ve cleaned the fridges and freezers out and I’m tackling the worst closets in the house. This got me to thinking about what products to use.
I found these product ideas on ListPlanIt . Many of the products you see in this list will have words like sustainable, bio-degradable, chemical-free, renewable and reusable in their descriptions. I am also a big fan of products that multi-task, both in their usage and in storage.
Here are some of new things that I am either using currently or plan to try out this spring.
- Gleen Cleaning Cloth– GLEEN, combined with the power of water, safely and effectively cleans hundreds of surfaces. This unique 16 x 16 inch cloth effortlessly cleans windows, mirrors, marble countertops and more, with only water, for a streak free gleam. No need for expensive sprays, harsh chemicals or paper towels. Just dampen GLEEN with water, wring it out and experience easy cleaning, every time. (You can find these at amazon.com)
- There are lots of great cleaning products out there. Look for plant-derived, mineral-based, non-toxic, and chemical-free alternatives to the standard cleaning products. Here are some popular brands:
- Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner
Method All Purpose Cleaner
Seventh Generation All Purpose Cleaner
Earth Friendly Products Orange Plus Ready-to-Use Surface Cleaner
Martha Stewart Clean, all-purpose cleaner
- Fuzzy Wuzzy Microfiber Blind Cleaner– Use with or without water, these microfiber “fingers” make cleaning blinds easy quick and easy.
- Euro-Pro Shark S3501 Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop– I don’t have this Shark mop yet, but after 15 years of mopping on my hands and knees, I am ready for a change. I’ve been researching alternatives and I think this is the way to go for my tile floor. No chemicals and only 30 seconds to heat up.
- 3M Scotch-Brite Greener Clean Biodegradable Absorbent Sponges – This 2-pack gives you one for the dishes and one for scrubbing sinks and toilets (don’t get the 2 mixed up). I have used sponges for years, opting to put them through a cycle in the dishwasher after each use.
- Norpro 24-Inch Lambswool Duster – This duster can help you reach high places. It will hold dust until it can be shaken outdoors. And it can be cleaned with soap and water when it gets too dirty.
- Dyson DC17 Animal Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaner – I only have a small area with carpet, so I have not needed a heavy-duty vacuum cleaner. Some of my friends have Dyson vacuum cleaners and rave about them. Anyone with a pet knows how valuable it is to find a solution for the pet hair, and this one is supposed to be the best for that. No bag means you never have to touch the dust.