There has been some major drama over here at the Woods’ household. First, we are stuck in Zelda (curse Snow Mountain!). Second, Dallan and I are in a heated debate about whether it would be “better to live next door to a mortuary or next to a cemetery” again (Yes, we’ve already been down this path once. Dallan says mortuary. I say cemetery. Not that we have any plans to move…). Third, I can’t decide on the perfect green paint color for our guest room.
You see, I thought I wanted to go with a “Seafoam” color. However, now that I’ve been looking at “Seafoam” paint, it all looks too blue. Who knew Seafoam leaned more towards blue? So, I’m back to square one. I guess the color I am really going for, is an antique-ish green. Does this make any sense? Here are the colors I currently have up on the wall in my guest room. I don’t really like any of them.
Of the four paint colors I currently have up on my wall, these two greens are closer to what I’m looking for. However, the green on top may be a little too “vibrant” and the one on the bottom right may be a little too “dark”. So, I’ve decided to find a color that is more in the middle. What do you think of this paint sample? I also thought about mixing these two colors together. I still have a ton of leftover paint.
Can’t envision it? Well, here are some of my random knick knacks that will probably go in this room.
1. Milk Glass Lamps: They still need lamp shades. I’ll probably go with something simple (i.e. nothing frilly).
2. Woman Praying Painting: (I need to clean off the rest of price tag). Not sure if I’ll put this in my guest room or office. However, I love the color of her blouse.
3. Coventary Ware Bookends of Child Reading: I found two of these at the thrift store and had to have them. They are from the World War II era so I won’t repaint them. I’m thinking about modernizing them with shadow boxes.
4. Bronze Metal Owl: I’m kind of sick of the trendy Owl craze. Yet, this little antique owl made me smile. (I may put him on a shelf).
5. Knit Afghan: I found this at a thrift store last year and instantly fell in love with all of the bright colors. This will probably go on the foot of the bed.
6. More paint samples: The one on top is my favorite.
7. Bronze Metal Rocking Horse: Another one of those thrift finds that I talked myself in to buying. I thought “better to have it and sell it, than regret not having it at all”.
Kind of random, huh? I guess, I find little bits of inspiration in every one of these knick knacks. What do you find inspiration in?