Please accept an apology on behalf of all the contributors here at the Bella Life for neglecting posts on organization. We are all HUGE believers and promoters of organizing (although we are definitely not perfect). Organizing not only brings peace and order to your home but it is a serious stress-reliever. As I was reading Real Simple magazine I came across an article about repurposing and thought some of the ideas were fun and creative.
1. Repurpose an old frame by turning it in to a vanity tray. Frame a piece of fabric to add a finishing touch.
2. When entertaining stash ice in a colander or strainer and set on top of a bucket or bowl. Your guest will thank you for solid ice cubes.
3. Can’t find your camera case? (or just don’t have one) A $.99 plastic soap case from your local grocery store is the perfect size to protect a camera while traveling or from you stuffed-to-the-brim purse.
4. Who said towel racks are only for towels? Mount a thin towel rack over the kitchen or laundry room sink to hold your collection of cleansers. Brilliant!
5. Use an empty glasses case to organize all the miscellaneous items in your purse. It would also make a great portable sewing kit, all you need is the needles, strings, and buttons.
6. Next time you are lighting sparklers off with your little monsters, stick the sparkler in Play-Doh to protect hands and prevent hysterics.
7. Use all those extra paint sample you have in your closet as a place card for your next party. If you aren’t like me and don’t have an entire container filled with samples go to your local hardware store and grab them! Free + unique+ place cards = PERFECT!
8. Shower-curtain hooks are the perfect way to store heavier items in your closet, like purses.
9. Attach a magnet to the inside of a metal medicine cabinet and your tweezers, nail clippers, or mini scissors will always be easy to find. This is GENIUS!!!
10. Use an old cassette case to coil iPod earphones or electronic cords. (I just need to find some old cassette cases)