Fancy House Road » Welcome to my life as a mother of 2 on Fancy House Road

Masthead header

Throw-down!

There was a major throw-down at the Woods’ house last week.  Enter the ring.

Onnnnn the left. Coming in at 6′ 3″ and 175 pounds is …. Dallan “The String Bean” Woods.

and

Onnnnn the right.  Coming in at 5′ 3″ and {insert loud blow horn noise} pounds is our reigning champion …. Camberley “The People Pleaser” Poulsen-Woods.

Ding, ding, ding.

The crowd goes wild!!!

That was quite the blog post entrance.

Every night before bed, I get Dallan’s lunch ready for the next day.  He’s probably the only 27-year-old who drinks Caprisun daily.  Lately, I’ve been making him Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwiches (Original, I know).   My relationship with PB&J seemed to be going well, until last week, when everything came to a screeching stop…. Dallan entered the equation.  You see, as I was spreading peanut butter on wheat bread he walked into the room and had the gall to question my sandwich making techniques.

Dallan: Why do you spread peanut butter on both slices of bread?  Is there a reason why you don’t spread peanut butter on one slice and jelly on the other?

Camberley: Well, I don’t want the jelly turning your bread soggy.  So, I spread peanut butter on each slice of bread and, then, spread jelly in the center.   See.

Dallan: Hmmmm. I know it’s not my place to correct you, seeing how you make my lunches for me and everything, but I don’t think the jelly would make the bread soggy.

Camberley: {Queue sass} Do you want me to keep making your lunches?  We both know that if I don’t make your lunch, you don’t eat. (True story. He doesn’t like to waste his time stopping at drive-throughs. Lazy?)

Round One: Camberley - 1 | Dallan - 0

Dallan: I’m sorry.  I appreciate the fact you make my lunches.  However, the sandwich would be easier to eat if you only put peanut butter on one slice of bread because, with your technique, the jelly runs out the sides.

Keep turning the knife, husband dearest.

Camberley: So, do you want me to keep making your lunches? Stupid Sandwich Nazi.

Dallan: Yeah. I guess I don’t mind eating a messy sandwich.

Round Two: Camberley – 2 | Dallan – 0

Conclusion: Since this throw-down, I’ve been spreading peanut butter on one slice of bread and jelly on the other slice of bread.

Camberley gets knocked out in the Third Round.

Drat!

Camberley

P.S. How do you spread your PB&J?

• October 11, 2010 - 12:17 pm

Maloree - I make PB & J like Dallen would… if he actually made his own sandwiches.

• October 11, 2010 - 12:21 pm

camberley - Maloree – you bring up a good point. IF he made his own sandwiches.

The only thing he ever makes is his bowl of cereal in the morning.

• October 11, 2010 - 12:22 pm

Britni - LOL. oh gosh Cammie, this one made me giggle. I love it!

• October 11, 2010 - 12:26 pm

keighley - I spread the peanut butter and jam on one side. I loved this post. Dallan always gets his way in the end bwahahahahah.

• October 11, 2010 - 12:53 pm

Jamie - Johnny corrected me months ago. I was doing it the way you were. Frankly, I don’t think it makes a difference. But this was really funny.

• October 11, 2010 - 1:02 pm

Crystal - I’m sorry, but I’m with Dallan on this one. And honestly I would rather starve than have peanut butter on both sides and jelly in the middle. (ps- I was laughing and Madi asked me what was so funny and I told her. She said, Peanut butter on both sides!! That’s CRAZY!) Haha. Still love you Cam-and your super nice for making his lunch everyday ;)

• October 11, 2010 - 1:09 pm

camberley - Crystal –

Madi is SO you!

And I’m pretty sure if you were stranded in the desert and you had a choice of Cacti or PB&J (with PB on both sides), you would choose the later. Lies!

-C

• October 11, 2010 - 1:12 pm

camberley - Jamie-

I’m not suprised Johnny corrected you. Chuckles!

-C

• October 11, 2010 - 1:15 pm

Aud - my hubby won’t eat either Cammie if I don’t make it: dinner or lunch.
    PBJ: I am like Dallon, jelly on one side, pb on the other.

Guess he should go hungry! LOL

• October 11, 2010 - 2:04 pm

Kiersten - How funny, Eric and I had the same issue about a year ago. He hasn’t asked me to make a PB and J since. I learned the PB on both sides from mom.

Also, I am always the one making food for E too. If I get up to get a drink in the kitchen I get a “Hey, do you want to make me some eggos with milk and bacon… maybe eggs too?” and then I never have enough room in my hands to carry my drink that I originally got off the couch for. Argh! They catch us wives whenever possible. We can never win.

Luckily for me, he will cheerfully go through the drive through.

• October 11, 2010 - 4:52 pm

Marianne - Camberly, you are so cute.
    1. Clint drinks Capri Sun in his lunches, too.
    2. Last year he asked me to stir the honey and pb together so the honey wouldn’t soggy up the bread. I glared at him at the time, but to this day, I stir them together.
    3. I’ve never heard of putting the PB on both sides of the bread. You’re weird. :)

• October 11, 2010 - 7:37 pm

camberley - Marianne-

I was so excited to see that you left a comment.
    1. Love how Clint drinks a Capri Sun every day too. I usually freeze them, so by the time Dallan eats lunch it is thawed out and cold. (Plus, it doubles as an ice pack).
    2. About 20 minutes before you left this comment, Dallan informed me that my “technique” only works on honey because honey makes bread soggy. He also informed me that “stirring” the two together works great too.
    3. I blame my mother. ;)

-C

• October 12, 2010 - 10:49 am

Tamara - I make it how you do. My mom makes it how you do to!! I don’t know were he got that way from. your RIGHT thought the jelly makes the bread crunchy or soggy or something. P.S. Dallan use to not make his own bowl of cearal…. This one time he told “yelled” at me to make him a bowl and I was mad at him so i put a bunch of salt in his honey nut cherrios. He was mad but I was happy. the end

• October 18, 2010 - 8:45 pm

Venus vs Mars | The Bella Life - [...] week “Confessions” segment we thought it would be fun to expand on Camberley’s Throw-down & Man [...]

• October 20, 2010 - 9:57 pm

Weekend Recap | The Bella Life - [...] a photo booth alone with two men?”  I know we’ve had our differences about the proper PB&J making techniques.   . Don’t fret. [...]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *