Snicker doodles are my favorite cookies. Let’s be honest, it’s the name. “You can snicker my doodle…” Make what you want with that comment.
I found a super easy recipe that happened to pleasantly surprise me. Best part? It is eggless so you can eat as much batter as you wish. Sianora salmonella!
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven… Isn’t this always the first step? 375 degrees.
2. In your mixing bowl, cream together sugar, powdered sugar, oil, butter, apple sauce, and vanilla extract.
3. Add flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Mix well.
4. Take teaspoonfuls of dough and roll into balls.
5. Roll balls in cinnamon and sugar mixture. NOTE: I put granulated sugar and sparkling sugar into the mixture. I like the “crunch” the sparkling sugar gives.
6. Put on greased cookie sheet and slightly press down so the balls are now flat.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes. I like my cookies on the softer side, so I watch the oven and decide for myself when they should come out.
This recipe is nothing fancy. Just simply good.
Enjoy my little snickerdudes!