Stage your own spooky scene by assembling a colony of these winged bats made from miniature pumpkins and craft foam.
- Black acrylic paint
- Ornamental (miniature) pumpkins
- Black & White craft foam
- Hole punch
- Glue dots
- Black duct tape
- Wooden skewers
- Wint, ears & eyes template
- Paint miniature pumpkins completely black with acrylic paint. Allow them to dry completely.
- For each bat, choose a style of wings and eyes from the template. For the eyes use the white craft foam and the hole punch to make pupils. Adhere the eyes to the pumpkin with glue dots.
- Cut a matching pairs of ears and wings from the black craft foam (wings should be no longer than 6 inches). Attach the ears by taping a toothpick to the back of each one, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of the toothpick exposed, then inserting it into the top of the pumpkin.
- Finally, tape a skewer to the back of each wing, leaving a 2-inch point exposed, and push it in place.Craft via Familyfun.go.com