This weekend, Dallan and I are hosting our annual friend Halloween Party. I know I’ve been rather hush, hush about my party this year. Why? Because I’m a hosting procrastinator. Secret’s out – drat!
For example, I am still pulling together last minute Halloween decor (i.e. Halloween Tree, Entryway/porch decor, et cetera). I didn’t pull my menu together until Monday. My costume still needs to be made (at least I purchased all of the materials for said costume). And, I’m trying to come up with party game ideas. Suggesstions?
Amongst all of this procrastination, I managed to whip out a couple of Nutter Butter Ghost cookies. They go a little something like this. Hit it!
NUTTER BUTTER GHOSTS
- Nutter Butters
- White Candy Melts (I used Wilton’s)
- Dark Candy Melts (I used Wilton’s)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Melt white chocolate according to package directions
- Dip nutter butter in melted white chocolate and clean up nutter butter edges with a butter knife.
- Lay white chocolate covered nutter butters on parchment paper.
- After you have finished covering nutter butters, place cookie sheet in freezer for 10-15 minutes (or until chocolate has hardened).
- Remove cookies from freezer and melt milk/dark chocolate.
- You may either dot the eyes and mouth on with a Toothpick or place melted chocolate in a candy decorating bag or candy decorating squeeze bottle and dot from there. (I used a candy decorating squeeze bottle – so easy.)
- Let chocolate eyes and mouth hard.
Are any of you making fun holiday treats? We’d love to see pictures!