This Sunday, Dallan and I are having a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with his family. I was asked to bring potatoes, so I’ve been trying out different recipes to decide which one I like best. One of my dry-run recipes was Rosemary Au Gratin Potatoes (I found this recipe on allrecipes.com). If had to sum this recipe up in 2 words, they would be “easy” and “tasty”. I’m still trying to decide if I’m going to bring this recipe or my rosemary cheesy potatoes to our dinner. I have 3 days to decide.
ROSEMARY AU GRATIN POTATOES
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloveS, minced
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and potatoes.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.