In honor of National Popcorn day, I decided it was only appropriate that I whip up a “sweet & gooey” Popcorn Recipe. The staple “sweet & gooey” popcorn recipe in our house is my Father-in-law Dave’s Carmel Popcorn Recipe. Hello, Scrumptious. However, I’ve already posted his recipe on our blog so it was time for me to come-up with a new recipe. Here is a fun Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Popcorn Recipe I created yesterday. It was delicious, but Dallan wants it to be a little more carmelly. So, next time I whip this up I’m going to incorporate some sweetened condensed milk.
Please excuse my picture, I took this at night and the lighting was horrible.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4-1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Rum
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup popping corn kernels
- 3 Tablespoons Popcorn Oil
- Pinch of Salt
- Mix Popcorn Oil with Kernels and make according to your machine’s directions. Set Aside.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in a medium-large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring often until the butter is melted and well incorporated into the sugar, and the sauce comes to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and whisk rum and cinnamon into the sauce.
- Let simmer for another 4 minutes, then remove the sauce from heat. Stir in pinch of salt.
- In a mixing bowl, add six cups of popcorn. Pour sauce over popcorn and toss thoroughly until all the popcorn is coated with sauce.
- Serve Immediately.