A couple of weeks ago, I attended the #THJ (The Housewife Journal) chat on twitter and we talked about hosting the perfect Superbowl party. Now, Dallan and I have hosted the Superbowl for the past two years so I feel pretty well versed in this area; however, I walked away from the #THJ discussion with some new insight. Before I jump into my recipe and menu, I wanted to share a few key take-aways from our discussion.
- When planning your menu, consider food that will be delicious whether it is served hot or cold - like pasta salad, potato salad, salsa, cold cuts, et cetera. The only exception is if you are serving food that may stay warm in a crockpot (i.e. Chili, Soup, Pulled Pork)
- Think about your seating arrangement. Rearrange furniture if needs be, or bring in large floor pillows for guests to sit on.
- Keep the kids entertained. So the men stay happy. Consider pulling together some fun Football or Valentine’s day crafts for the kiddos to do, let them play Wii, host an outdoor football toss (if the weather is nice). Get creative.
- Before guests arrive, make sure the dishwasher is empty! This way you can pick up here and there throughout the night. (I always make this a priority.)
- Do as much food and cleaning prep as possible on Saturday. This way Superbowl Sunday isn’t too overwhelming and exhausting.
Hopefully the above information was useful for some of you. Please feel free to chime in with other Superbowl Hosting suggestions. Now, let’s move on to the recipe.
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, halved (Optional, I didn’t add any to mine and it was fine. You could always add garlic powder later if you’d like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Place the above ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil over the garbanzo bean mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
Tomorrow, I’ll post another Superbowl Appetizer Dip Recipe. Stay Tuned!
P.S. What Superbowl Recipes are your favorite?