Oh.My.Goodness. I really like bananas and I really like ice cream. Unfortunately, since my baby is colicky I’ve decided to cut back on my ice cream intake… BOO! So, when I heard this recipe on today.com I perked up and got out my stash of frozen ripe bananas. Of course I added the peanut butter and, with some mini chocolate chips, it was awesome! My boys will even eat this little healthy snack. Here is the recipe.
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter (Optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Place the banana slices in the bowl of a food processor. (If your banana slices have been in the freezer for longer than a day, it’s best to let them thaw slightly in the food processor bowl for 20 minutes so they are easier to puree.)
- Puree the bananas until they are completely smooth and no frozen chunks remain. Scoop the ice cream into a bowl and freeze for another 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- PB-banana ice cream: After the bananas have been pureed, add 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter to the food processor bowl. Puree for a few seconds longer to mix in the peanut butter. Scoop the ice cream into a bowl and freeze for another 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Banana chocolate chip ice cream: After the bananas have been pureed, add 2 tablespoons mini semisweet chocolate chips to the food processor bowl and mix them in with a large spoon. Scoop the ice cream into a bowl and freeze for another 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Makes 3 servings (about ¾ cup each)
What is your favorite healthy treat or snack that you like to make for your kiddos?