Earlier today, Keighley was searching the web for Easter Kids’ crafts when she spotted the Shaving Cream Painted Easter Egg Cards on Little Wonders’ Days blog. Immediately upon finding this craft, Keighley sent me a link to the blog post. My response? “That is so fricken cute and easy”! Fortunately, I had all of the materials on hand and in minutes I whipped up six little Easter Egg Cards.
Who says you need to have or be a kid to do Kids’ crafts?
- A tray or plate (you could even use a disposable lasagna pan)
- Shaving cream (don’t use the gel kind, it doesn’t work as well)
- Cardstock or construction paper
- Acrylic paints
- Toothpick or spoon (something to swirl the paint with)
- Squirt Shaving Cream on plate/tray and spread it around so it is fairly even.
- Next, take your acrylic paint and squirt in onto the shaving cream.
- Then, take your toothpick/spoon and zigzag or swirl through the paint and shaving cream until you start to get a marbled effect.
- Place your cardstock egg cutout on top of the paint/shaving cream and press down for a few seconds.
- Remove paper (be careful to lift straight up).
- Let shaving cream and paint sit on your paper for a few minutes.
- Then, squeegee off.