This past Sunday was our church’s General Conference, so we watched church on T.V. for 4+ hours. I had total anxiety about what to do to keep my boys busy so I could watch conference in peace. Fortunately, I came up with a plan – Homemade Crayons.
Final Verdict? This activity kept Trey busy for over 30 minutes. Success. I will do this every conference now.
- Broken Crayons
- Muffin Tins
- Cooking Spray
- Heat oven to 275 degrees
- Have your child gather all the broken crayons in your house. Next, have your child peel all the paper off the crayons.
- Break them into smaller pieces.
- Grease, oil, or spray the heck out of those tins so it is coated really well, or else crayons will be stuck FOREVER!
- Put crayons in the cups. Make them all different colors if you’d like or the same. We put about 15 pieces in each cup.
- Place tin in oven and cook for about 5 minutes. Check the crayons. If they aren’t about 90% melted, cook another minute or two. Max about 8 minutes. Make sure all crayons all melted.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes or until crayons are hard. They will pop out when they are ready.
Your kids will love these! Have Fun!