Now that I’m finally getting my energy back, I’ve started taking on blog projects! Cooking, crafts, writing, decorating… I finally feel like a new woman! Yesterday, I decided to go above and beyond my wifely duties by making cupcakes. So, maybe they were boxed cupcakes. Every once in awhile I cheat and take a short cut while cooking. However, I decided to jazz these chocolate cupcakes up by using coconut oil and fluffy frosting. (I believe that a good frosting makes the cupcake.)
Once these cupcakes were baked and frosted, I decided to jazz them up a little bit for the July 4th holiday by turning my printable into cupcake picks. Click here to download this printable.
- 1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1 1/3 Cup Water
- 1 Box Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2-3 Cups Cool Whip
- Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together cake mix, egg, water and coconut oil. Mix together on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Place cupcake batter in lined muffin tin.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes.
- For the frosting, mix together chocolate pudding and milk. Whisk together for 2-3 minutes or until thick. Place in fridge for 15-30 minutes so pudding may set up. Next, fold 2-3 cups of cool whip into pudding. (Add 2 cups of cool whip, mix together and if you’d like frosting thicker add more cool whip. It’s that simple!)
- When cupcakes are completely cool, go to town with the frosting!
Side Note: This makes 24-28 cupcakes.
Double Side Note: Sometimes I’ll shave chocolate on top of these cupcakes — yum!