Fancy House Road » Welcome to my life as a mother of 2 on Fancy House Road

Masthead header

2011 Christmas Decor Trends: Silver and Green

Several months back I received information on what the hot colors would be for Christmas 2011. According to The Trend Curve-the international authority on color and design trends in home furnishings- silver and a lighter shade of green are being paired up this year. Think “Frosted Greenery” when you go to decorate your house this year for the holidays and you will be riding the trend curve up. Here’s some examples of how beautifully these two colors look together:

christmas decor-green-silver-ornaments-

RAZ Imports calls this look “Evergreen”

Silver Green Christmas Decor Trend

RAZ Imports “Evergreen” Christmas Collection:1} 6″ Snowflake Drop Ornament 2} 4″ Glittered Ball Ornaments 3} 8″ Clip On Flower Ornament 4} Velvet Wire Ribbon 5} 6 1/2″ Glittered Ball Ornaments 6} 6″ Snowflake Ornament. Prices range from $4-$30.

FHR Readers: We want to hear from you. Would you consider decorating your holiday home with these colors? Or have you already used a Silver and Green theme for your Christmas decor? Also, is anyone interested in attending a FHR Blogger “Meet-Up Catalog Christmas Party” {think to the trade catalogs+ordering at deeply discounted pricing+unique Christmas decor+shopping in the comfort of our fancy house. Leave us a comment.}

• July 20, 2011 - 1:02 pm

Rebecca - I love the silver/green look – it is timeless and simple. I’ve done something similar in the past, but I’ve go to say, it will be more of a game time/what color mood am I in when tree time comes around this year. Also, with a little one who will be turning two in December, I may lean more towards color since it may be more interesting to her…

• July 22, 2011 - 12:54 pm

Courtney Fearber - I think your catalog ordering party sounds like alot of fun. I would love a party like this! I’ll bring my Mom and sisters-in-law.

• July 28, 2011 - 11:12 am

chelle - I love the frosty/olive green anyway, so I absolutely adore this colour combination. My tree last year was based around a peacock ornament, so from bottom to top I did a gradation of purple to teal to green to gold to bronze in ball ornaments, interspersed with my regular figural ornaments (and the peacock). I may just forgo the purple and bronze this year and pick up some silver baubles…

• August 10, 2011 - 3:21 pm

Leah - I think the silver and green are beautiful. I had decided to do a silver and gold theme, frosty and ethereal. After seeing this I may change the gold to “frosty green”.
    I would love to do the catalog party!

• November 26, 2011 - 11:22 pm
  • November 27, 2011 - 3:34 pm

Rene @BargainHoot - What a beautiful tree!! I love the silver and green decor!

• November 28, 2011 - 4:03 pm

camberley - Thanks Rene! We appreciate your kind comment.

• December 11, 2011 - 4:27 pm

Maggie - I love it! Will link to you on my blog.

• December 9, 2013 - 9:33 pm

Christmas decorating ideas from around the web - [...] Christmas decor trends in green and silver at  fancyhouseroad /  green wreath at kubodo / birds by matgoz /   30 cool green christmas decorations by [...]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *