Jamie recently made these mini cheesecakes for a family dinner and they were a hit! We had a great time coming up with toppings for our individual portions and decided mini desserts are the perfect way to feel guilt-free about eating sweets.
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Grease a 6 cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and margarine with a fork. Measure a rounded tablespoon of your graham cracker mixture and pour into the bottom of each muffin cup. It is important you firmly press the graham cracker mixture to the bottom of the muffin cup to create a solid crust.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes, then remove to cool. Keep the oven on.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until fluffy. Mix in the egg.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the muffin cups, filling each until 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cool completely in pan before removing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.