Fancy House Road » Welcome to my life as a mother of 2 on Fancy House Road

Masthead header

Update: 39 Weeks Pregnant

I thought I’d take a brief moment to update everyone on my “being in a family way”.  I am currently 39+ weeks pregnant and this baby isn’t showing any signs of wanting to come out.  So, the doctor and I don’t think she’ll be showing her face in the next 5-7 days.  Although I’m excited to meet this little girl, I am relieved she’s not ready to come out because mama’s got a head cold!  And I’d like to fight off this cold and disinfect my house before she gets here.

For those of you who haven’t seen me in my “with child” state, let’s just say… my limbs and face look like they did prior to pregnancy, but my stomach area is a different story.  I look like I’ve shoved a basketball up my shirt.  Now that I think about it, I have a picture on my computer.  Too bad my head is cut off.  #SelfTimer

Camberley - 9 Months Pregnant

Over the past several weeks I’ve received a handful of comments from random strangers (what’s odd is that most of them are from men, someone should do a study on this).  These comments include:

• “I didn’t know watermelons were in season.  Looks like you swallowed a seed.”
  • “Are you carrying multiples or just one baby?”
  • “You’re carrying high, must be a boy.”
  • “Honey, I just want to tell you… do the epidural.”

I love when random strangers advice me on medical treatment.

For all of you mom’s out there, what is the strangest pregnancy comment you ever received?  Was it from a man or a woman (I may conduct a study)?

December 28, 2011 - 7:27 pm

mel - You are even “skinnier limbs/face” and “bigger belly” in person!

December 28, 2011 - 10:04 pm

Kayla - Holy cow you’re almost done! Bravo, you’ve made it!

The only time I ever got a stranger belly rub was from a man in Cafe Rio. We then proceeded to have a very bizarre conversation but I can’t remember the weird stuff he said. I don’t think a woman would have touched me and made strange comments.

December 29, 2011 - 8:59 am

Liz T - “Oh, that weight will come right off after you have the baby.” Now that baby is 8 months old and this person hasn’t commented on my weight since I left on maternity leave. Guess I can take that hint!

December 29, 2011 - 9:25 am

Camie - You look awesome at 39!

A very very old hair client to me…
“you must be having twins! or even triplets!”
“Nope, just one.”

2nd pregnancy:
A very boisterous women passing me in a Walmart isle talking to her significant other.
“D*%#, did you see that belly!!!”

good luck with the big day! so exciting:)

December 29, 2011 - 9:54 am

Caton - you’re so dang cute!

December 29, 2011 - 3:46 pm

Brandi - I always got comments and creepy stares from men! Wtf is up with that??

December 30, 2011 - 7:59 am

Aly Slone - Oh Girl!!! First off you look FanfreakinTASTIC. Second…. you caught me on thr right day bc I am ready to smack one of these strangers up side the head!

I am only 13 weeks and I have gotten the watermelon comment {Rude!} Of course I get the Is there 2 in there?!? Once again, this early is just an excuse to tell you you’re fat!

January 3, 2012 - 11:00 am

Angie milne - Where are your window treatments from??? I NEEEED them!

January 3, 2012 - 11:01 am

Angie milne - Ps you look great! I don’t even think I took a picture of myself past week 37 because I was a little mortified at my balloon limbs…

January 3, 2012 - 8:18 pm

camberley - Mel- Thanks for making me feel skinnier. ;)

Kayla- I’m just glad the strange men haven’t rubbed my belly. Talk about awkward!

Liz- Do I know this person you’re referring to? I’m thinking I do. ;)

Camie- The Walmart crew is the classiest when it comes to pregnancy comments. Too funny!

January 3, 2012 - 8:21 pm

camberley - Thanks Caton! You’re too kind.

Brandi- Men, especially old men, are the worst!

Aly- I’m sure you don’t look that big at 13 weeks! I can’t believe someone already gave you the watermelon comment. Hang in there. ;)

Angie- I love the term balloon limbs. Totally using it! P.S. I bought those curtains at Cost Plus World Market about a year ago. Hopefully they still have them in the store or online. Good luck!

January 4, 2012 - 8:47 pm

Dedub65 - Give me my baby!

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *