Over the summer months, our garden produces an abundance of zucchini and jalapeno. In an attempt to not waste perfectly good food, I’ve tried to come up with creative ways to incorporate these two vegetables into our menu. This recipe did a good job accomplishing that. Serve it with some salsa and you have yourself a deliciously healthy breakfast or dinner option.
- 3 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon seeded, finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10×6 inch pan or a 12 inch pie plate.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine zucchini, onion, eggs, buttermilk baking mix, vegetable oil, jalapeno pepper, shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro, salt and pepper; mix well. Spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly brown.