Last week I decided to invest in some popsicle molds. As soon as the brown Amazon package arrived at my door, I tore into it like it was Christmas morning. In the last four days, I have experimented with five different popsicle recipes: orange mango creme pops, watermelon creme pops, watermelon pops, Almond Joy pudding pops, and these coconut milk pops.
So far the coconut milk, honey, and cinnamon popsicle recipe has been my favorite. I love how this popsicle is made from all-natural ingredients. So it has no added sugars or preservatives. It even complies with the Paleo diet. Before pouring the popsicle mixture into the molds, I gave it a taste and it was delicious on its own. I think this would make a great Horchata substitute (for those of you who are watching calories). Please note that the use of shredded coconut is optional.
- 15 ounces (443 milligrams) of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together the coconut milk, honey, shredded coconut, and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds.
- Wait about an hour to put the popsicle sticks into your popsicles. If you don’t have popsicle molds, you could even use small dixie cups.
Recipe adapted from honestcooking.com.