In honor of the Recycled (or Upcycled) Christmas Trend we’re featuring on Fancy House Road this week, we thought we would share a couple of DIY Recycled Christmas projects. This simple project is made using soda can. Let’s face it, all of us FHR girls have a plethora of these things sitting around… need to break the habit. I think these would look great hanging up with little tea lights in them. They could even be jazzed up with ribbon, glitter, flowers – get creative!
- Soda cans
- Exacto Knife
- Spray Paint
- Empty the pop cans and fill them with water. (Make sure when you open the can, you leave the opener on top.) Then put them in the freezer . (This is so the can doesn’t cave in when you cut it.)
- After three to five hours, take a can out of the freezer and start marking where you are going to cut. You can do a curved line or a strait line, just make sure it is all equally spaced. (If the outside of the can is too slippery for a marker to show up, then just lightly mark with your Exacto Knife.)
- Carefully cut along the markings. When finished, let the ice melt.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the pop cans.
- Next, squish the top and bottom of the cans together so that the middle pushes out.
- Last, spray paint them your color of choice and hang them up by the opener on the top.