Back in the Bella Fine days, one of our favorite times of year at the store was Christmas. We’d light peppermint candles, turn on our Christmas playlist, decorate a good dozen or so Christmas trees, and dust almost everything in glitter. One of the more popular ornaments we sold at the store was our cupcake ornaments. In fact, Keighley bought herself enough cupcake ornaments to deck out one of her trees at home. As a tribute to these scrumptious little ornaments, we went ahead and made our own. This DIY project was so easy you could get little ones in on the fun. Just don’t let them eat one.
Follow the jump for a list of materials and directions!
- 2 inch Styrofoam balls
- Glitter and/or sprinkles
- Beads or pom-poms
- Cupcake liners
- Eye hook or small wire
- Acrylic paint
- Take a Styrofoam ball and dab the snow-tex onto 3/4 of it. To make it look more like actual frosting, try to make it look rough and textured. (For different colored frosting, mix acrylic paint into the snow-tex.)
- Sprinkle glitter or sprinkles onto the wet snow-tex.
- After that dries, glue the ball into a cupcake liner.
- Next, glue a topper like a bead or pom-pom to the top of the cupcake.
- To finish, either glue on an eye hook to the top of that, or shape a wire into a circle with a tail and glue that to the topper.