With summer dwindling down and school starting up, fall is just around the corner! Here are some fun autumn activities to keep the kids busy like: going on a hay ride, baking pies, and Halloween parties! Click on the “read more” link below to see our list of 25 Fall Activities and download your own “Fall Bucket List” to print out.
What are some of your favorite activities for this season? Leave a comment and we’ll add it to the list.
- Take a Nature Walk and make a plaque with your fall finds.
- Make Applesauce from scratch.
- Bake apple pies, or apple cakes and deliver to someone who is under the weather, or in need of some cheering up.
- Go on a hay ride.
- Make and go fly a kite.
- Go to a Pumpkin Patch.
- Carve pumpkins or paint faces on them.
- Roast Pumpkin Seeds.
- Bake pumpkin pies.
- Make a Paint Stick Scarecrow.
- Visit a petting zoo.
- Donate scarves or hats for a Fall/Winter Clothing Drive.
- Enjoy a Fall Picnic.
- Make hand and feet print art and tuck away after the Fall to compare growth each year.
- Host a Halloween party, complete with costume contest, bobbing for apples, and a cake walk.
- Make your own marshmallows for roasting over a campfire.
- Create a countdown to Thanksgiving calendar.
- Make A Thankgiving Tree, and each day have the kids write one thing they are thankful for and on Thanksgiving day, everyone reads the tree and is reminded of all their blessings.
- Make a corn husk doll.
- Visit a planetarium, read about the seasons and weather patterns and space.
- Create beautiful Fall tree art using painted eggshells.
- Have a scary movie night.
- Make carmel apples.
- Go to a corn maze.
- Have a photo shoot in a leaf pile.