Josephine is in love with all things melon: Cantaloupe, Honeydew, Watermelon. Between Josephine and I, we can’t seem to keep enough melon on hand these days. I frequently call Dallan, right before he gets off work, to ask him to stop by the store for more. We may go broke.
Last night, Dallan’s brother and sister in-law were over for dinner. As we sat around the table discussing Josephine’s melon fetish, we got on the subject of cantaloupe sorbet. This was my inspiration for today’s baby food concoction.
The verdict? Josephine is in LOVE with this recipe. She eats it between the appetizer and first course, to cleanse her palate.
- 1 cup cantaloupe
- 2 cups honeydew
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- Blender or food processor
- Remove seeds from honeydew and cantaloupe, then cut them up into medium sized chunks.
- Put them in the blender with 1/4 cup of apple juice.
- Blend until smooth; it’s okay if it’s slightly chunky.
- Place in the freezer.
- After about 1 hour, remove sorbet from freezer and fluff it with a spoon.
- Place it back in freezer until you are ready to eat it.