Halloween is coming up fast and it’s time to do some serious decorating. Orange and black are blanketing stores from left to right, making it tempting to go out and buy some of those compelling decorations. However, there are things you can make that are just as cute and way less expensive using those famous Halloween colors. Like making giant candy corns. All they are made of are paper, glue, and a few other materials. They can enhance any table display, and give the house a bright Halloween feel. Click below to print out the candy corn template to begin your next craft.
- Construction paper
- Tissue paper (light & dark orange, yellow, white)
- Crepe Paper Streamers (orange, yellow, white)
- Mod podge
- Candy corn template (Please note: this template was used for the base of an ice cream cone and it will work for a candy corn. The image is kind of small so you may have to enlarge it a litte).
DIRECTIONS for LARGE CANDY CORN:
- Download and print two of the candy corn (ice cream cone) templates and glue or staple them together to make a large cone.
- Cut out a piece of tissue paper big enough to cover the mouth of the cone. Cut a strand of ribbon to your desired hanging length. Poke a hole in the the center of the tissue paper and stick the ribbon through the hole. Then, knot the ribbon that end of the ribbon that you just pulled through the slit and glue the tissue paper around the edges of the cone.
- Cut out small and medium sized pieces of yelloow, orange and white tissue paper.
- Mod podge the yellow tissue paper around the bottom part (the widest part) of the cone, taking up about two inches. Do the same for the other colors, with the orange taking up three inches and the white taking up the remainder of the cone.
- Let it dry. Then, decorate!
SMALL CANDY CORN:
- Print out the candy corn template once, and staple or glue it together.
- Cut long strips of streamers. Cut the streamers into 3 foot long strips.
- Take the yellow streamer, and fold it in half. Cut little slits about half way through the streamer to create a fringed look when you open it up. Continue this process for all of the streamers. (Make sure to cut the side where the edges meet, not the folded side.)
- Cut the yellow strip into sections to make it easier to glue. Take a strip and glue it around the bottom of the cone. Fluff out the fringes.
- Continue this process with the yellow taking up the bottom two inches of the cone, the orange strips taking up three inches, and the white taking up the remainder of the cone.
- Repeat for more candy corns.